Information we collect and how we use it.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- What are your data protection rights?
- Cookies and Tracking
- Privacy Policies of Other Websites
- How to Opt-Out of Receiving Emails from 15-40
- How to Contact Us
- How to Contact the Appropriate Authorities
What data do we collect?
15-40 Connection collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, telephone number, etc.)
- Food preferences (in association with any gala or event where food is served)
- Amounts of prior donations
- Athletic information (associated with registration with any athletic team)
- Usage information associated with cookies, web beacons, and similar technology tools
Contact and Personal Information
You may choose to provide contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this website. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and the failure to provide information in most instances will not restrict your use of the website. We will not ask you for any credit card number, social security number, driver’s license number or other financial account number on the website except for any financial account information that you provide on donation pages that are processed through our current financial processor. From time to time, 15-40 Connection may host contests or sweepstakes, which will require you to provide information to participate. Here are some of the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information.
If you email us through the “Contact Us” page on this site, we ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well. You should not provide any credit card number, social security number or other financial account number when using the “Contact Us” screen.
Questionnaires and Surveys
We may ask visitors to our website to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us to serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. In conducting these surveys we may ask you for your name and email address. We do not keep any personal information about you in connection with your participation in a 15-40.org survey unless you specifically agree to provide that information.
Send Content to a Friend
You can send certain content to your friends. To do so, we ask you to provide your name and your friend’s email address. We use this information to send the content to your friend.
Public Areas Sweepstakes or Contest Registration
We occasionally may conduct sweepstakes or contests that ask visitors to our website to complete registration forms that include name, mailing address, phone and email address and additional personal information about their age, activities, attitudes and interests. Registration questions allow us to contact you if you are a winner and help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. Your name, age and home state may be posted on our website if your name is drawn as a winner. In conjunction with your Contest Registration, we will also register you as a user of the 15-40 website. As a registered user, we may also send you news, announcements, requests for donations or similar communications. Instructions for opting out of receiving this information appears in the section titled “How to Opt-Out of Receiving Emails from 15-40 Connection.” We will not sell your information to any other person or organization.
You may choose to make a donation to the 15-40 Connection by visiting pages marked to provide donations. When making a donation, we will ask for your name, mailing address, phone number and email address and may ask for additional information about your age, activities, attitudes and interests. You may also choose to have your donation processed with ACH transfers of credit card transactions, which will necessitate that you provide financial account numbers, such as a credit card number, bank account number and bank routing number (“Financial Account Information”). In conjunction with your Donation, we will also register you as a user of the 15-40 Connection website. As a registered user, we may also send you news, announcements, requests for donations or similar communications. Instructions for opting out of receiving this information appears in the section titled “How to Opt-Out of receiving Emails From 15-40 Connection”. We will not sell your information to any other person or organization. We will not store any of your Financial Account Information.
From time to time, we may offer you other methods to become a registered user for the website. When registering, we will ask for information that includes name, mailing address, phone and email address and may ask for additional personal information about your age, activities, attitudes and interests. As a registered user, we may also send you news, announcements, requests for donations or similar communications. Instructions for opting out of receiving this information appears in the section titled “How to Opt-Out of Receiving Emails from 15-40 Connection”.
We collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit this website. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single identifiable visitor. It tells us such things as how many users visited our site and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors. We collect this information either through “cookie” technology or with “web beacons,” as explained in the cookies section.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide 15-40 Connection with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online
- Make a donation
- Voluntarily complete a form or send us email
- Join an athletic team
- Share a story
- Purchase seats at any of our events
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
15-40 Connection collects your data so that we can:
- Register you for our teams and events
- Process your donations
- Email solicitations for donations
- Email you with information on events
- Email you with information regarding health-related topics
- Email you with reminders to monitor your own health
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors, except as described here. We may share information provided by our visitors to 15-40.org with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to performing routine maintenance, design, website management and public relations. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided through this website in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
If you provide Financial Account Information, this information will be shared with our service providers for processing the transaction. We will not store your Financial Account Information.
The 15-40 Connection, Inc. uses the following third party service providers, which may collect data in connection with certain transactions on the site.
- Most financial transactions are sent through Authorize.net.
- Transactions for our athletic teams use Crowdrise.
- Form data is entered through the Emma Lightbox form or specialized forms on our website.
How do we store your data?
15-40 Connection securely stores your data in Salesforce for Nonprofits. The data is retained indefinitely. We may from time to time create temporary copies of this data in spreadsheets for internal management purposes. 15-40 Connection does not store any financial account information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this website. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology for all transactions involving Financial Account Information and registration, including sweepstakes and contest registrations to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen (13) on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
15-40 Connection would like to send you information about upcoming events, health information, news and fundraising campaigns.
If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop 15-40 Connection from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the 15-40 Connection Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions shown in the bottom of the newsletter.
What are your data protection rights?
15-40 Connection would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request 15-40 Connection for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that 15-40 Connection correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request 15-40 Connection to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that 15-40 Connection erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that 15-40 Connection restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to 15-40 Connection’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that 15-40 Connection transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one (1) month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by:
- Calling us at: 508-869-5200
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or writing to us at: Data Officer, 15-40 Connection, PO Box 1153, Westborough, MA 01581
Cookies and Tracking
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Targeting the type of information we provide you
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our website uses:
- Functionality – 15-40 Connection uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – 15-40 Connection uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. 15-40 Connection sometimes shares some aggregated amounts of this date (e.g. total number of site visits), and other such information obtained from Google Analytics to our sponsors.
- Web Beacons – Certain pages on our site contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons. The 15-40 Connection may also use third party web beacons to help manage online advertising. These web beacons would be provided by our ad management partners and Google Analytics. These files enable Google Analytics to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The cookie on your web browser was placed by the 15-40 Connection, or by another advertiser who works with Google Analytics. With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Online Behavioral Advertising by 15-40 Connection and Others
If you would like to opt out of this program, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
How to Opt-Out of Receiving Emails from 15-40 Connection
If you no longer wish to receive email news, announcements, requests for donations or similar email communications please email us at email@example.com and write, “unsubscribe” in the subject line or follow any of the instructions shown at the bottom of our most recent newsletter.
How to Contact Us
- Calling us at: 508-869-5200
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or writing to us at: Data Officer, 15-40 Connection, PO Box 1153, Westborough, MA 01581
How to Contact the Appropriate Authority
15-40 Connection is located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Massachusetts Attorney General’s office can be contacted at: email@example.com or by phone at: (617) 727-2200.
Last Updated September 2019
Be the first to know